Sunday 10 April 2016

Print interning

http://www.jealousgallery.com/

Was made aware of this print studio in London that does screen and digital printing services. I've sent them an email asking if they offer work experience or something similar so that I could continue screen printing after graduation. It would be a (potentially free?) alternative to East London Printmakers

Hi, 
I'm an illustration student from London currently approaching the end of his final year at Leeds College of Art. 

I was made aware of Jealous recently and really like the look of it - I'm passionate about screen printing and have been trying to adapt it to various briefs since last year. 
I want to continue maintaining a screen printing practice until after graduation and was wondering if you guys offered any placements for work experience that might be available over summer and beyond? I'd love to continue screen printing, but also learning about related processes.

Thanks for your time.

regards,

Emanuel Santos


Also didn't realise that Print Club London do internships - found a post from January 2016 about them offering one on another website. It requires a CV and portfolio, which I haven't set up for screen print yet, but I sent an e-mail asking if they have any positions open for the summer period. Hopefully they get back with news that they do.

I also messaged Louis Craig Carpenter, a brother of a friend who graduated from Arts Uni Bournemouth   a couple years ago after doing illustration- he's now a technician at Print Club London.
He said he just e-mailed them asking if he could intern while they were setting up a show, so they needed a lot of help and were happy to take him on. He worked as an intern for about a month before becoming a technician. Although the internship would be unpaid, apparently they're quite happy to have people help out for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment