Tuesday 5 April 2016

Henry Steadman-ing pt.2




This is an encouraging e-mail to receive with interesting feedback.

I sent Henry the mini portfolio for publishing and book design, but he says that it all looks quite same-y. A lack of consistency between projects has been worrying me for a really long time now, but I suppose this is a problem that is only really relevant in certain areas of illustration.
I guess in publishing, if I want to take on as wide a variety of projects as possible, I need to show a diversity in the appearance of my work, whereas with something more quick fire like editorial, perhaps a client would feel safer with that consistency so they know what I'm going to give them.

Considering I've been so worried about a lack of visual consistency developing, this is very nice to hear. If I want to build up a portfolio in something like editorial, I'd better keep that pretty consistent, but for my book projects I think it sounds like I can be a bit more experimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment