Thursday 22 May 2014

Final resolution

Slightly modified from one of the posters in the previous post - Barbican word mark and text now align.

  • Pleased how this turned out - I think I exhausted a lot of possible type layouts and came to a good one at the end
  • Little disappointed I had to box the design like that at first, but now I actually think it works, thanks to type layout. Actual drawing has me pretty pleased too.
  • Working to the Barbican's type layouts really helped to achieve solid typography - being restricted to certain fonts with certain weights and sizes was an interesting challenge. This project ended up being more graphic design-oriented than I predicted it would.
  • Not sure whether it communicated the spirit of Theo's music but at least it's not a cliched DJ gig poster
  • Happy that I got it printed glossy as opposed to matte, definitely makes it look more poster-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment