Thursday 22 May 2014

More "Barbican"-y

After looking at the updated Barbican guidelines:
 
Requires for Barbican word mark to be vertical, reading bottom to top, at either half screen size, two thirds, or one quarter. I have chosen two thirds size. The guidelines specifically said not to try and re-create the type yourself with Futura, so I e-mailed the barbican design team and was sent an .eps file of the type to put on the poster:

Type layout tests - I think the way the lines going straight up end is awkward. Wouldn't be possible to fix without redrawing a large chunk of the background though.

Playing with the boxed image again with Barbican guidelines:

I think it makes for a much more uniform composition and layout - the proportions of the boxed image don't seem to cause as much trouble as before. The layout also seems to work pretty well with the Barbican word mark. I think one of these last 4 could potentially be my final resolution


No comments:

Post a Comment