Sunday 20 March 2016

Tumblr-ing

At the AOI lecture, Lou Bones mentioned the importance of maintaining a blog alongside your portfolio website. She said that unless you post on it very regularly, you shouldn't have one at all as it can actually hurt your online presence.

Having heard this, I've recently started changing the way I treat my tumblr. I looked on my /archive page and realised I was posting only once a week, sometimes even only twice a month. Since I have my website, I can use that to post finished work, and now start blogging more experimental stuff and other weird things I do.

In the first three weeks of March I've made 10 posts that include things I wouldn't necessarily put on my portfolio site. This is also making me feel a bit more confident about my work output these days.


I've also changed the sidebar to reflect my updated branding since I've stopped using that self-portrait.

emanuelsg.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment