Monday 22 February 2016

Tom Clohosy Cole reply about Big Kahuna

Tom Clohosy Cole replied to my question about his audience with Space Race:

I didn't really spend much time considering the audience, I focused on getting the facts correct and making it something enjoyable for me to work on visually. I think the rest often follows and it will always end up suiting the right audience for your style of work. I tend to think about audience more when making a children's book, as they tend to have to conform to certain parameters, but with the Nobrow concertina I just did something I hoped me or my peers would enjoy. I wouldn't worry about the middle ground too much, it's often a good place to sit your work as it can appeal to a wider range of people. 

Similar advice to what Nicolas Andre e-mailed me about and what Fred said I should begin to think at the last group tutorial. I particularly like his advice to make something that me or my peers would enjoy.  I think this is the best way to get a satisfying end result to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment