Tuesday 23 February 2016

Lolita book cover

I finished reading Lolita over the weekend, and since I'm really interested in getting into books and publishing I thought I may as well design a cover for my portfolio.

Pretty pleased with it since, having looked at loads of other covers for the book, I haven't used any obvious cliches- instead opting to suggest the point in the book where Humbert and Lolita are driving from motel to motel around America.

The turnaround was also pretty quick - thumbnailing started it last night and the finished thing was done by lunchtime. Will try to keep up this work output and remember to try and illustrate any books I read.


Also, Ben presented this website to the second years:
http://gray318.com

Which is the portfolio of an interesting book designer I'll keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment