Monday 15 February 2016

Nicolas Andre reply

Nicolas Andre, the french illustrator I e-mailed replied with a very nice reply about my solar system book:

"For a quick anwser i would say that you're asking yourself the 'wrong question' or you're asking it to early
compare to your work. I mean the studies are made to try eveythings in whatever direction … OF course is very important to keep vigilant and aware of editorial world and bookshops ' rules' , but in my opinion they will comes
in a second time.
So i would recommand to work very hard on your final projet ( and i know what a screenprint leporello means - i've made 3 differents leporelos in 3 colors each, ind 25ex each, 180cm each for my Strasbourg Master degree) … after my degree i went to see Nobrow and my favorite youth books editors to speak about it."

He encouraged me to not worry too much about the audience just yet - that everything will make sense once I have done a sufficient amount of visual research and play. He placed a lot of importance on the idea of doing something personal to me, since I won't get much opportunities to do so after graduating. 

He also said to feel free to show him my book once it's complete - this I definitely won't pass up to get his opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment