Monday 18 January 2016

PPP session 18/1/16

What have I done so far on my PPP blog to tick the boxes for the learning outcomes:

  • Have began to think about preliminary portfolio pieces
  • Thought about how I will maintain a screen printing practice
  • Began to try and send some designs to musicians to get my work out there.
What I intend to do:
  • Update promo material from last year
  • Contact some people in industry for feedback on my work - John gave me the e-mails of some music promoters before christmas in relation to my screen printed posters.
  • E-mail House of Illustration for volunteering opportunities
  • Write a CV (creative or not)
  • Make a website, perhaps with Cargo Collective
What I want/need to do after my first year of leaving:
  • Have a part-time job to sustain myself
  • Have membership to East London Printmakers in order to keep screen printing
  • Have new significant pieces of work that can go in my portfolio so I'm not dwelling too much on what I did in final year
  • Have a more serious studio space at home
  • Buy a new scanner - Epson Perfection V37 (the same ones in these studios)
  • Be a part of some kind of creative network where I can communicate with other creatives
After five years of leaving:
  • Have a flat of my own
  • Be getting enough commissions to be working everyday
  • Have a client list I can be proud of
  • Have enough pieces of work completed so that I can easily adapt a portfolio to varying types of clients

No comments:

Post a Comment