Monday 12 October 2015

Guardian Brief


I don't normally do editorial illustration because I find it hard to come up with snappy conceptual images to accompany writing, but I thought this would be a worthwhile brief to take on at the beginning of the year.
The three articles to be illustrated were on
  • Creating a perfect portfolio
  • Careers in the arts and creative industries
  • The revival of crafts and analogue methods in a world if digital advancements
I chose to not illustrate these articles literally, with the potential for overlap in concept between the images. I'm happy that I chose to also use mostly traditional means for the images, utilising coloured pencil, ink and cut paper. This mixture of traditional media is something i would like to do more of in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment