Thursday 27 August 2015

An MA in Illustration?

Thinking more about my options for after Level 6, I have considered the possibility of doing an MA. The MA Creative Practice course at Leeds College of Art doesn't seem suited to me as I want something that is specific to illustration in order to really build a better understanding of the discipline.

http://aub.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/ma-illustration/

The course at AUB sounds like it has similar aims and goals to what we try to achieve at Leeds, but I imagine it will take it much further and expand on any questions I may have about my practice by the end of this year.
However I have to admit that part of my reasoning for wanting to undertake an MA is simply the security that a structured course can provide after I graduate. This may not be the best reason to throw myself into this, and reading the description of the course makes it sound like people who take some time away from studying to see where they're going would benefit the most from returning to university at a later date with more structure, should they need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment