Friday 15 May 2015

Final promo pack


I'm pleased with the promo pack - having a physical product that represents and promotes your practice is incredibly satisfying.
I'm particularly pleased with the beer bottle and the label, though it's a bit of a tricky object to post along with the pack. I imagine it would be used more for in-person drop offs and meetings, but I think it looks really nice and is something that would really stand out.

With the A6 prints, I was really unsure whether to put a breadth of work that I do in, or get all similar looking illustrations - the images I put in are images I enjoyed working on, in visual styles I enjoying working to. I've heard a lot of illustrators say in Big Heads that you shouldn't put anything you don't enjoy doing in your portfolio, so I think I'm safe in this regard. I still don't think I'm developing as much of a tone of voice as I'd like to be, and these can be interchanged very easily, so I think what I've put in there suffices for now.

I'm also pleased with the box design - it's minimal, but I think is very neat and slick; matching my business cards too. I think maybe next time I might choose thicker stock though - I used 200gsm since I've seen other people try to fold 300gsm before and it was a bit tricky - maybe I should've just gone with it anyway though.

Bad things:
Business cards are off-center on one side
Coasters are rough (evaluated below)

No comments:

Post a Comment